Last Updated: December 1st, 2022
Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that identifies or is reasonably capable of identifying an individual, directly or indirectly, and information that is being associated with an identified or reasonably identifiable individual. We collect any personal information you provide to us when you use the Service. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
- Personal Identification Information: The only personal identification information we collect is your email, and only if you opt into our newsletter or request additional information through our NFT creator intake form.
- Transaction Information: Information about transactions you make using Fjord’s services.
- Communications: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email our Customer Support Team, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Marketing Data: Information regarding your preferences for receiving information, subscribing to newsletters or other publications,
- Inferences: Information about your interests, preferences, and favorites. We may also offer users to complete a short questionnaire regarding their interest in specific types of tokens and crypto assets.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Service
- Identifiers: The information collected in this manner includes IP address.
- Device Information: Device IDs and characteristics, browser, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs.
- Internet or network information: (e.g., browsing and search history, site and advertisement interactions, audience research data)
- Geolocation: (e.g., precise location derived from GPS-enabled services)
- Usage Data: We collect information about the usage of our Service. We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Service functions properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages, or to prevent fraud.
Personal Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may collect, store, use, and transfer the following types of Personal Information:
- Transaction Analysis: Fjord analyses blockchain transactions to identify and prevent fraud-related activity.
How We Use Your Information
a. To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Service: We may use information to provide services and information that you request.
b. To provide customer support: In order to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to Users, we may use your personal information.
c. To conduct research and development: We may use information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
d. To provide service-related communications: Fjord may contact you for administrative or informational purposes, such as providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
e. To deliver marketing opportunities: Fjord uses information to develop and provide promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest.
f. To conduct content analytics: To enhance your customer experience and personalize your use of the Service by presenting a tailored user interface or presenting offers or services based on your past use of the Services or related activities.
g. To comply with legal obligations: These include items such as audits, security, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
h. To detect and prevent fraud: We process information to prevent, and mitigate fraud in relation to our services in order to protect Users.
How We Share Your Information
Fjord only shares information to fulfill the purposes described above. Fjord will not share personal information with third parties outside of these purposes without your consent. We may disclose information that we collect through the Service to third parties in the following circumstances:
- a. Third Party Verification providers: Information may be shared with third parties who provide Anti-Money Laundering services and identification verification services.
- b. Token Developers: Information collected from and about Users may be shared with Token Developers to facilitate User-directed participation and to communicate independently with you.
- c. Law enforcement, legal process, or emergency situation: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate, we may share information: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may rely on marketing and analytical cookies on our website by our advertising and marketing service providers and partners. We do not share your information with these third parties, but analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites.
Third Party Services
From time to time, Fjord sends marketing materials including e-mail messages to our users, subject to applicable laws and regulations. If you no longer want to receive such materials, you may opt out via the "unsubscribe" link provided in every email communication or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you may change your setting preference by accessing your account on your profile dashboard and selecting ‘email preferences’.
Fjord takes privacy and security seriously. We will only retain your email for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. Information collected for marketing purposes will be retained unless you unsubscribe, at which point preferences will be marked in our databases and you will no longer receive direct marketing material.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
Fjord takes privacy and security seriously. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. These include applicable financial services and anti-money laundering laws. Information collected for marketing purposes will be retained unless you unsubscribe, at which point preferences will be marked in our databases and you will no longer receive direct marketing material.
Use of Service by Minors
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that you not provide personal information through the Service if you are under 18.
International Cross-border Data Transfer
Fjord uses servers hosted in the United States and Europe. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
EEA Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, the following information applies with respect to personal data collected through your use of our Services. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information: Fjord processes your information in order to perform the services it offers. In order to process personal information, Fjord relies on the legal basis as outlined in Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as applicable. Fjord processes personal information (1) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide the Service; (2) as necessary to comply with Fjord’s legal obligations; (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Service where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms related to data privacy; and (4) with your consent.
Data Transfers out of EU: Pursuant to Article 49 of the EU GDPR, the transfer of data is necessary for the performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: request a copy of your information, object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes. We will contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes only if you have consented to such communication. You may object to initial or further processing for purposes of direct marketing), correct any inaccurate personal information, where applicable, request the deletion of your information. Your information will no longer be used by Fjord for further processing purposes, except as required by applicable laws. Information will be retained as required by financial and anti-money laundering regulations which include but are not limited to the prevention of fraud. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. As a California resident, you have rights under the CCPA. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law. You may request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Data we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete your Personal Data, subject to certain exceptions, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may submit a request to access or delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fjord does not sell your data and has not sold your personal data in the previous 12 months.
We may make changes to this Policy. The "Last Updated" date at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. If we make material changes, we may notify you through the Service or by sending you an email or other communication. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices. Your use of the Service following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice
Companies choose how they share your personal information. Under federal law, that means personally identifiable information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. To understand what we do, please carefully read the U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, available here.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com